5 Ways to Clear Your Mind The Mind of Negative Thoughts
Many of us find ourselves fighting negative thoughts on a daily basis. Whether it is in regards to our own self-worth, the images we see on TV, or the way people in certain neighbourhoods treat each other, negative thoughts can be harmful in many ways. How do you get rid of the negativity? Here are 5 tips to free your mind from these thoughts:
1) Engage in mindfulness techniques such as meditation and yoga
Millions of people around the world use mindfulness techniques such as meditation and yoga to maintain a positive frame of mind. Meditation and yoga help to redirect and eliminate negative thoughts that might be present in one’s life, allowing for a more peaceful and productive day. There are many reasons why people benefit from these practices.
– Mindfulness supports personal well-being by reducing stress levels and making you happier. .
2. Stop feeding into our thoughts
individuals. Below are five ways to combat these thoughts and start freeing the mind of negative thoughts.:
1) Write down your negative thought on a piece of paper , put it into a jar and than crush it with a hammer.
2) Focus on your goals and how good you will feel when you achieve them.
3) Replace negative thoughts with positive ones. Think about the positive things you can do instead of focusing on the negative.
4) Focus on the positive aspects of life instead of dwelling on the negative.
5) Practice a daily gratitude ritual. Try to focus on what you have , instead instead. of what you don’t have.
3. Find a separate activity to replace negative thoughts
Negative thoughts can take over your mind when you least expect it. For example, even when you are at work or when you are out with friends. They can be a result of external factors such as life events or internal factors such as a negative self-image. However, there are many ways to free the mind from these thoughts and find a different activity that will help you get back to feeling good. Here are some ideas to help you:
1) Find a way to get outside. Go for a walk, jog, or ride your bike.
2) Listen to some music. Choose upbeat music that will make you feel good.
3) Do something you like.
4) Read a book or newspaper.
5) Practice deep breathing.
6) Play a game with your children.
7) Try a new hobby.
8) Watch TV or browse the internet.
9) Practice yoga.
10) Do some work around the house.
4. Focus on the present
Psychologists and doctors alike agree that we should focus on the present moment – not live in the past or in the future. However, it’s easy to forget that in our fast-paced society where we’re inundated with information and notifications from phones, social media and other sources.
The five ways to free your mind of negative thoughts are: focusing on what you can control; practicing gratitude; practicing mindfulness; maintaining a positive attitude; and staying active.
5. Build a support system for times when we’re feeling low
All of us go through challenges and many times we feel like we can’t keep going. It’s during these times that we need to build a support system in our lives to help get us through and out of it. One way to do this is by practicing mindfulness, which is the practice of observing your thoughts and feelings from an unbiased perspective. Practicing mindfulness can help you detach from negative thoughts and overcome difficult situations. It also helps to remind yourself that you will get through this challenge, just as you did all your other challenges. References
The Mindful Life Study Group (MLSG)
The Mindfulness-Based Stress Reduction program (MBSR)
The Mindfulness-Based Cognitive Therapy Program (MBCT)
The Stress Reduction Clinic
In conclusion, there are many benefits to practicing mindfulness techniques. These practices reduce stress, increase focus and productivity, and decrease anxiety. If you’re looking to improve your mental health, consider adding a mindfulness practice to your routine.You’ll be surprised by how much of a difference it can make!